Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Indifference of Intelligent Minds

I was feeling guilty from a long time due to my indifference towards the burning issues but after some research, I found that most of the intelligent people are like me only. I had seen all of us complaining about the system hundred times but are we really trying to change it. Most of us will become tight lipped on this question. I feel that we have become so self-centered that we forget to see the bigger picture. Until and unless we ourselves are in some mess, we will just be a mere spectator. May be you disagree to me at this point of time but I am sure after I finish you will get atleast something for retrospection.

Let us start with basics. How many of us cast our votes? Only 40%. Out of these 40%, how many know about all the candidates properly. Not more than 10%. That means only 4% among us actually cast their votes in a right way and believe me I was very generous while assigning percentages. What other 96% do? They only find faults with the system afterwards. I am also not different from this lot. Whenever elections are there, we are very happy because we get one extra holiday. I can say for sure that 99.99% among us will never try to choose politics as a career but all of us want the system of our country to be changed. Do you still feel that this does not show the indifference of our minds?

Let us see into things further and take example of sports. How many of us criticise various players in our cricket team for not playing well and even give suggestions that he should play like this or he should bowl like this? Almost 100%. Now tell me, how many of us will support our kids to go and choose cricket or tennis or badminton or chess or shooting or some other sport as a career instead of engineering or medical or management. I cannot even write a percentage for this because it will be in decimals only. We only feel ashamed when such a big country with second largest population in the world wins medals in Olympics in single digits (that is also not a gold medal). Just think about it for a while, we are not capable of winning medals or we are not able to give right direction to the people who can make it happen. I am sure most of us tell our kids who have more interest in some sport than studies that they are useless and wasting their time on it. Do you still feel that this does not show the indifference of our minds?

Many among us accept high salary packages abroad, work for others, earn for others and the technology what we invent there, our poor country has to purchase it afterwards from that country. I know what most of us will say, 'There is no future for me here'. But tell me one thing, who will make that future, who will make it happen. Somebody has to take the initiative or our country will never have a bright future. I am sure that things are changing but we have to increase the pace. We have to stop existing and start living. Until and unless our minds will show indifference to the issues, we will never be able to make any difference to our society. Its time to give people what they had not given to us. Let us act now so that at the dawn of our life, our heart can whisper to us.........Yes we had really done something.

5 comments:

ancientmariner said...

its a vortex out there...its like as quoted in one movie "u wudnt want to clean the garbage if its not in ur backyard"....correcting the whole system would be a gargantuan task since our country has grown woefully out of proportion...how will u change the mindset of 1 billion people....negative as i may sound but thts the harsh truth....but yea there are many fields in which some difference can be made....

n how r u doin...was a surprise readin ur comment..coz i hvnt mentioned my name nywhr in my blog...:D

Anonymous said...

hey, liked what u wrote, its true but the bottom line is who wants to be the first person to take the lead... everyone says but when it comes to participation no one does.. why boz they know that it might not work.. when a lot of people think like this things may change.. but than how many people wantto make a change????? as long as u have one's needs fulfilled the attitiude is who cares????
I liked ur article a lot.

its me- guess who?????

anurag_bansal said...

I agree to what you had said but once again it is also true that if you dont clean that garbage today, one fine day it will come to your backyard and than probably you will be helpless.

Anonymous said...

a thought provoking post.ispe gambhirta se vichaar karna chahiye!
..
aur kya haal hain?..waise kisi ka heart whisper kar raha hai...kisi ka blood whisper kar raha hai...ye sab kya ho raha hai!!...

App Development Mumbai said...

Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.